Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reasons I love My Mother-in-Law - Part Five

I have a potentially life threatening seafood allergy. Something my MIL does not take seriously at all.
It could have something to do with the fact that she changes allergies and food intolerances on a daily basis.

One day she won't drink milk because it gives you cancer, the next day she will only eat dairy because it is good for your skin.

She doesn't use vinegar because it gives her (and I quote) 'yeast issues in her stomach'.

But I digress. It is a Polish tradition that no meat is eaten on Christmas Eve. In fact before I came on the scene X-mas Eve was a virtual seafood festival at the In-Laws.

After my first fish-filled Yule dinner at their place (in which I ate Veggie Lasagna over 5 courses) my MIL kissed me on the mouth and told me to not take the 'silly fish thing' so seriously.

I spent Christmas Day covered in Hives.

Merry Christmas.

(p.s. Since then we have hosted X-mas Eve at our place)



No comments:

Post a Comment